Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Hal Foster in Evanston

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hal Foster in Evanston

According to yesterday's Chicago Tribune, the Noyes Cultural Arts Center in Evanston is planning an exhibition to honor Tarzan and Prince Valiant cartoonist Hal Foster, who lived in the city for a time. Spearheaded by long-time fan Sid Weiskirch, who wants to promote a higher local profile for the artist, the show is due to open in June.

I hadn't realized Foster lived in Evanston at one point. Heck, I didn't even realize that he was Canadian, either, something my Canadar should've alerted me to years ago. Apparently in 1919, he rode his bike 1,670 miles from Nova Scotia to Chicago to train at the Art Institute. Now, that's dedication. (Via The Comics Reporter, which was down when I tried to get a link to the specific post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home