Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: What Happened to Halloween?

Saturday, October 29, 2005

What Happened to Halloween?

We were out this evening and barely saw any people in costume. There was one guy in a pretty good Fat Elvis costume, and then a few people as we got closer to home, but there were lots and lots of people dressed as they'd be any other Saturday night. What's the deal?

Okay, I know tonight isn't really Halloween--Monday is the 31st. But as the Saturday closest to the date, tonight should have been the night with all the parties and festivities. Were we just in the wrong areas? (Although, as it happens, we were both in the suburbs and in a downtown restaurant and club area.) Is Chicago still in such a daze from the White Sox win that we've lost track of time? Will costumed people be out in force tomorrow or Monday night?

Since we didn't see much of anything tonight, I have no idea myself, but what are/were the popular costumes this year? Did any of you dress up for a party?

By the way, enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, October 30, 2005, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

I saw lots of twentysomethings in costumes on Friday night down in Wrigleyville, FWIW.

 
At 10:54 AM, October 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Friday was the party night. I'd figure that Saturday would allow for more preparation, but if people want to dress up after work on a Friday, it's their call.

 
At 11:04 AM, October 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I performed in a play on Saturday night. After the show, many cast members were eagerly scrambling into their costumes and hurrying off to Halloween parties. I wanted nothing more than to get home and hit the sack, though I had to pass through a VERY crowded Wrigleyville to do so. As I prepared to leave the theater, dressed in a green flannel shirt, slacks, tennis shoes, and my rumpled Members Only jacket, I turned to a couple of cast members and asked, "So do you like my costume?" One of them took the bait and asked what I was supposed to be. I replied, "I'm imitating someone who gives a shit!" And off I went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home