Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Comic-Con International

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Comic-Con International

This weekend, comics' largest convention--part trade show, part fan convention, part media extravaganza--is being held in San Diego. It's a huge show that lasts four days (actually, I think they've edged it to four-and-a-half) and it seems to get huger every year. I used to go for a day when we lived in LA, but it's been ten years since I've been there, and from everything I've heard, it's grown exponentially since then.

A lot happens at San Diego--new books and book lines are launched, plans for current books are laid out, the Eisner Awards are given out, and there's networking, networking, networking. I'm not even going to try to convey everything, but you can get news updates from The Pulse, Comic Book Resources, Newsarama, or, as Tom Spurgeon recommends, Jeffrey Stevenson's news feed. You can also find some interesting ongoing blogging views of the convention from Heidi MacDonald at The Beat, Tom Spurgeon at The Comics Reporter, and Mark Evanier. I've been looking at some of the info, but I haven't come close to keeping up with everything. I'll wade through more later this evening and tomorrow, and if anything catches my eye (I'm betting something will), I'll comment on it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home