Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Who Is <i>CSI</i>

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Who Is CSI

I've only seen CSI: New York a couple of times, but what I can't figure out is why they use "Baba O'Riley" as a theme song. I know the first CSI uses "Who Are You," which makes sense, because they're trying to figure out the identity of the victims and what happened. Even the CSI Miami theme, "Won't Get Fooled Again" makes a certain amount of sense, as the perpetrator is trying to fool the cops. But "Baba O'Riley"? Is NYC a teenage wasteland? (Actually, they don't use those lyrics, at least that I've heard, but they do use the first line of the song, "Out here in the fields," which doesn't exactly say "Manhattan Island" to me). Assuming they'll keep the Who connection in theme songs, I'm holding out for "Pictures of Lily" on CSI: Dallas and "Squeeze Box" for CSI: Milwaukee. But where would "Uncle Ernie" fit?

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, June 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CSI: Neverland?

 
At 3:42 PM, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where would "Uncle Ernie" fit? How about CSI:Rome? (I know - fiddle about - bad pun)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home