Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Outsourcing at Voice of America

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Outsourcing at Voice of America

We're all always looking to save a couple of bucks, and if that means shipping a few piecework jobs to sweatshops in China or help-desk jobs to phone banks in India, we can find plenty of people who don't have a problem with that. I'm not sure this is the smartest idea from on economical point of view, but I've never been able to develop a strong opposition to the practice based strictly on nationalism. But this latest example of outsourcing gives me pause. Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't the Voice of America be written by, I don't know, Americans or something?

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The irony is overwhelming. "Voice of America, broadcasting from Mainland China..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home