Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Emmett Till on <i>American Experience</i>

Monday, May 16, 2005

Emmett Till on American Experience

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the FBI's plan to exhume Emmett Till's body to further the agency's investigation of his murder. For information on the Till case, I linked to the site for the documentary The Murder of Emmett Till, which had previously appeared on PBS's The American Experience. I didn't realize at the time that PBS was planning a rerun of the documentary, but I stumbled over it tonight. It's an extremely compelling story, and I recommend it highly. Check your local listings, because PBS stations around the country air shows at different times. If your station, like Chicago's WTTW, aired it tonight, check your listings anyway for a possible second showing. Many PBS stations rerun their primetime shows overnight on the same night or later in the week, so you may still be able to tape it and watch it later.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, May 17, 2005, Blogger Don said...

Thanks Doug - I read the post just after midnight, switched the TV to PBS, and there it was. Gotta love the Internets.

 
At 7:17 PM, May 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live to serve, Don.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home